Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Sense of Accomplishment

Things I have finished:
~ 4 Christmas Cards for a swap
~ 30 Christmas cards for sending
~ Sorted all waiting to be scrapped photos into proper chronological order (don't you hated when they come from the printers all mixed up?)

I think it is time to take a break from card challenges and focus on getting caught up on my scrapbooking. I have at least half of 2010, and almost all of 2011 up until the end of July, printed and waiting. And then from August til now to print (and add to the pile). Le sigh.

First up, I am so in love with the cards I made for a swap with some ladies at Crop Chocolate, that it pains me to part with them. I'm not usually that crazy about the cards I make, but these ones are just so darn cute! Now I can't show them to you or it would ruin the surprise, but here is a little sneak peak!


Aren't those snowmen the cutest?! They are from a CTMH set that I adore but haven't used much (until now).

Now, the Christmas cards that I am sending to friends and family are nowhere near as cute (in my humble opinion). I was debating with myself over whether or not I should show them but have decided to go ahead and do it.


This is just a few of them. There is a variety of papers and ribbons used. And some have a felt snowflake and others have the snowflake brad. I really wish I had enough of the felt snowflakes for every card. They are so pretty and fill that space so nicely. The one element of the cards that I am really happy with is the tree. It is stamped in a light green and covered in glitter (which I then sprayed with a sealer, so hopefully I won't be sending envelopes full of loose glitter to everyone!). So pretty. I was going to add little red gems to them (like in the center of the snowflake) but they gems weren't cooperating and I think I like them better like this.





I should add, that inside the cards is stamped "a merry little Christmas." I don't want to leave you all hanging at "Have yourself....."

So, what do you think of them?

Products used:
Cream cardstock
Bazzil green cardstock
Making Memories Christmas papers
CTMH Christmas papers
Anna Griffin green ink pad
StazOn ink pad Jet Black
Clear Glitter & Xyron
CTMH stamp sets : ~ Merry Little Christmas
                  ~ Evergreen
CTMH green ribbon & red ribbon
Making Memories red & white twine
Making Memories snowflakes and snowflake brads


I think that's everything! I will post more picture and a product list for my sneak peak cards, after that swap is done. I can't wait to show them off!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cards going to friends/family!! Dont ever doubt yourself - your work is AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just be kind please :)