Thursday, September 27, 2012

CropChocolate.com OWH Blog Hop!

***UPDATE ON CHALLENGE***
Fellow Hoppers! It has come to my attention that through an unfortunate misunderstanding, the challenge I have posted here is duplicated on the blog before mine. Please accept my apologies. It was my understanding that no other challenges would be so similar to the one I issued. So please feel free to submit the same cards for both of these challenges. And have FUN!
***************************

Hello! and Welcome! to the CropChocolate.com Design Team's Operation Write Home (OWH) Blog Hop!!!

If you haven't been following along and would like to, the hop starts at our team leader Amber's blog!

If you are following the blog hop, you should have arrived here from Brittany's blog.

Now OWH has some guidelines (like NO GLITTER!) that you should familiarize yourself with, if you have not yet. Please check out their website. It has tons of information for you!

Operation Write Home

Shipping addresses for OWH are here. Each of these ladies also has a 'wanted' list of what kind of cards they are in need of. That info is with their address.

Now for us Canadian (Yay!) participants, we do not have our own branch of OWH, but there is a lady who collects cards and sends them to a contact she has to distribute them. Follow the same OWH guidelines (just don't stamp or write OWH on the back of these cards!).

Her address is:


Corinne Braun
#6-300-108th St, 
Saskatoon, SK 
S7N 1P8

Now, on to the fun stuff!!!!

The Challenge:

I challenge YOU to grab one of those collection packs from your stash that has been used maybe just once, maybe a whole lot (depends on how challenged you want to be!) and use up the rest of the collection to make as many cards as you can! Please feel free to add any embellishment you want/need to. I used stamps, buttons and twine with mine. I also found a stack of leftover card bases I used when I made wedding invitations! That helped make things go faster. I'm pretty sure I still have some of the envelopes around too!

And don't forget, since this is a CropChocolate.com blog hop, you must use at least 50% Crop Chocolate product on your cards to be eligible!

Let me tell you, it feels real good to finish off one of those packs and make just a few millimeters more room in the old paper cupboard :)

I forgot to take a picture of what I started with, but it was a pretty full collection. I had used it once or twice, but their were still full sheets of 12x12 and large scrap pieces. Plus embellishments left on the included cardstock sheet. Lets see what I came up with!


This is the collection I worked with. Alphabet Soup 'Boy'

And here are my cards:



All THIRTY!!! of them!

Here are my favorites:




Pretty cute :)

And this is what was left when I was done (except for little bits and pieces that I tossed as I was working).


Now I probably could have squeezed out one more card, but I wouldn't have liked it. Plus, 30 is a nice even number!

Please feel free to combine my challenge with others from this blog hop. I know this is a more time consuming one!

Now get out there and make some cards!

If you have any questions, ask me here in the comments, over on CC or on Facebook if you know me there!

Link you cards up here with Mr Linky! I will do a random draw for a blog candy prize!

And now you are off to Miwa's blog! Have fun hopping! 




35 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a lot of cards! And they are so pretty! I have a lot of catching up to do!Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hat's off to you, Nina! I mean "WOW" you did a GREAT job with all of you cards . . . I lost count on how many you did! You truly inspire me to do better . . . and more, in this case. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! By the way, have I told you today yet that you totally rock, Ms. Nina? AMAZING CARDS! And you're so productive, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes Nina! That's incredible and they're all so beautiful. This is definately inpiring! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well here I thought I followed all the CC DT ladies and now I find that I've missed subscribing to a couple of you! So now that's fixed... I am amazed at how many cards you got out of a paper pack! Holy Cow! Don't know if I will get that much done this week but it's worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many scraps, i'm sure two different challenges won't use up all the ones I have! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. okie doie, I know you saw this earlier on facebook but I just got home from peewee football so now I can blog :-) Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nina! I am working on your challenge and combining it with some of the other sketches...BUT I just realized I picked the same paper pack that you used. Funny!!! I have nine so far so when I use up the whole pack I'll be back to link up.
    Your cards are ALL AMAZING!! I love each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you do with the same paper!

      Delete
    2. OK Ms Nina!! I just blogged 33 cards for your challenge!! I am so happy to be done with the paper, lol. It is amazing how tiny my leftover pile is...I can't believe it myself. Great challenge! I really had to work at this one.

      Delete
  9. Wow! That is a lot of cards! I made 8 this afternoon using an Authentique 8x8 pad, so I linked up. There's still some paper left, so if I have time this week, I'll make more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that's a lot of cards ...and I love them all so cute :) I posted a few I made tonight from my stash hopefully I will get more made before the 8th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you are so amazing! 30 cards from one collection?! I love love the envelope and the elephant cards! All of them are adorable! Love, Love! lol It is kinda funny to see my name here too! lol Have a great week, Nina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how talented you are. Really 30? You are one amazing crafter, lady. And you used up an entire pk. now that's what want to do! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made more for you & this time I only have slivers left of the paper I used :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Bo/Anne - the link doesn't work! If you could give me the link to your profile, I will check it out!

      Delete
  15. Wow-that's a ton of cards! They are all very cute! I don't know if I will have time to do this challenge, but it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My first linkup didn't work, so I redid it under a new name Anne(Bo)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first linkup didn't seem to work, I linked up again under a different name Anne(Bo).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Anne, it still doesn't work. If I can remember correctly, you need to remove 'edit' from the end of the link address that you are copying and pasting.

      Delete
  18. WOW! Holy cow! 30 cards! You're a CARD-STAR! Thanks for the use up my collection challenge! I did!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in awe of how many you got done. I made a separate card for all of your challenges but I used your idea and made all but one of mine from the same collection. Worked well as I was able to mix and match the scraps

    ReplyDelete
  20. All done! Sad to see the last of my Gabrielle paper used but glad at the same time that it was put to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Nina! How could anyone possibly compare to your amazing productivity? And your creativity is never compromised with quantity - I'm so impressed! I am running out of time and thus, was only able to complete a couple... but I'll make more after the blog hop is over! Thanks for the inspiration! :) All linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your cards! I hope to continue making cards next week so I'll have more to send

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely card Ruth! Thank you for playing along!

      Delete
  23. So I finally managed to get my post up and running after some internet issues. Here is my URL: http://engineeringmemories.blogspot.com/2012/10/owh-blog-hop-challenges.html

    I know I didn't make the deadline for Mr. Linky, but I wanted to include the cards I made for your awesome challenge. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am soo late--so sorry! Here's my blog post with my cards! http://countrygalmusings.blogspot.ca/

    My collection that I used is Authetique Blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing cards! Unfortunately, I haven't bought any collection packs from CC, but I love the idea of using one up to make as many cards as possible!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just be kind please :)