Sunday, October 30, 2011

Eureeka!

So, after much thinking and begging for help (thank you CC focus group), I finally was able to finish my layout for the Sketchy Thursday challenge.

So this is the sketch.


And this is my entry :)





So originally, I had this without the buttons and twine and it just seemed to be missing something. After some very helpful suggestions, I decided to add a brown packing paper, crinkly flower in the lower right hand area. But after making one and trying it on, I just didn't like it. I like the flower, it just seemed too shabby on an otherwise 'clean' page. I was looking at the original sketch and the DT pages for some inspiration and decided to add the twine that was in the original sketch. Then I pulled out some buttons. I am really happy with how it looks now.

What do you think? Did I make the right choice?

ETA:
Oops I forgot to add my supplies!
My Minds Eye - Quite Contrary - Little Boy ~ papers,  journaling card, trees and brown border
Basic Grey - buttons
Brown & white twine

2 comments:

  1. Soooooooooo precious! I loveeeeeee that photo and the trees! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed you from over on the SCT blog. If this is a favorite paper you definitely let it shine and helped your photo shine by keeping your LO simple, but beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just be kind please :)